Job opportunity: Human Movement Scientist, Children's Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, St. Gallen
Movement Scientist/Biomechanical Engineer
Human Movement Scientist, Children's Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, St. Gallen
The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Switzerland and the Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen jointly house the Laboratory of Motion Analysis. Three-dimensional instrumented gait analysis is used as part of standard clinical care and for basic research in paediatric orthopaedic and neuro-orthopaedic patients with musculoskeletal conditions affecting gait function.
We are looking to fill a position of a
Movement Scientist/Biomechanical Engineer (80% FTE)
for laboratory motion analysis with starting date 01.09.2015. This position is initially limited to one year (the first five months as interim) with potential for extension.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
· Conducting 3D instrumented gait and motion analysis (lower and upper body)
· Individual patient analysis
· Quality control of data collection
· Writing Matlab programs for analysis routines
· Technical support
Your qualifications are:
· Successfully completed studies in health sciences and technology, movement/sports sciences (with focus on biomechanics), medical/orthopaedic engineering, engineering or a closely related discipline
· Extensive experience with Vicon motion analysis system (Nexus, Polygon) and electromyographic measurements
· Strong background in gait analysis and biomechanics
· Proficiency in Matlab
· Interest in scientific research (excellent English and statistics knowledge)
· Joy in working with children
· Excellent coordination and communication skills
· Proficient in written and spoken German
We are looking forward to your application if you are enthusiastic about working in an interdisciplinary team and working in the field of clinical movement analysis. Please send your application in German or English (including a letter of motivation, CV, photo, and the address of a biomechanics/gait analysis reference) by 15.05.2015 via e-mail to Dr. Regina Wegener: firstname.lastname@example.org (Head of Laboratory of Motion Analysis, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics, Claudiusstr. 6, 9006 St. Gallen, Switzerland).
Please feel free to contact Dr. Wegener (Tel. +41 (0)79 946 8099) should you have questions regarding this position. Addition information can also be found at http://www.kispisg.ch/kliniken-fachb...wegungsanalyse